Summertime is fast approaching and you don’t want to wait too long to maintain your AC. It’s never a good feeling to turn your air conditioning on during a hot summer day and realize it’s not working.
When your AC system sits unused for months, it gets leaves, debris and dust caught in it. It is smart to prepare now and get your system ready for the summer. Make sure to call an HVAC company today for your Air conditioning maintenance and AC repair needs.
Prepare Now & Maintain Your AC With These Tips:
- Replace or clean your AC filters- This is a very easy and important step. A Dirty filter will restrict the flow of air and will not clean the dust out of the air.
- Clean Your Vents- Examine all the vents in your home and clean out any dust or particles. Make sure all your vents are open, especially in the rooms you want to keep cool. This will help your HVAC system to be able to control the temperature throughout your house.
- Put window treatments up- Use window coverings in areas with more sun exposure. This will reduce the buildup of the afternoon heat.
- Have fans in your home- This helps to increase the air flow throughout your home. Having many different kinds of fans all through your home will help maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Program your thermostat- Having a programmable thermostat installed is one of the most effective things you can do to help with your energy bill. This technology makes it easy to control the inside air even when you’re not home.
- Keep your outdoor unit clean – Clear any debris away from your unit. If there are any items such as branches or plants touching your air conditioner remove them. It is best to keep a two-foot opening around your HVAC clear.
- Test your AC unit in the Spring- Make sure your AC unit is working. Turn it on and make sure plenty of cool air is coming out of the vent.
- Get your Air Conditioning system serviced- Hire a professional to perform a tune-up on your AC unit. The AC technician will inspect your unit and take note of any issues. They will then discuss any potential problems with you and come up with a plan of action.
These steps will help you save money and prevent any unexpected breakdowns during the hot summer months ahead in Utah.
A good Air Conditioning Company Should offer the following Services & AC Repair
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Certified & Highly Trained Technicians
- Free Estimates on Installations
- Any Model AC Repair or AC Installation
- Offer Maintenance Plans
- Fast Response Time
- No Hidden Fees
- Licensed & Insured
- Swamp Cooler Installation & Repair
Rely On The Top AC Repair Company Today
You may want to Consider replacing your air conditioning system if it does not keep your home cool after a tune-up or repair. It just may be time to break down and buy a new unit. Old AC units can actually cost you more money. A Newer system will be more energy efficient and more effective in keeping your home cool.
It is important to have a reliable & efficient air conditioner during the hot summer months in Utah. One stop Heating & Air knows how to keep you comfortable in your home and have cooling bills that are manageable. Most importantly, our highly trained technicians can handle any AC installation, AC repair, AC problem or AC emergency situation. Call One Stop Heating & Air today at (801) 355-9500 and we’ll make sure you stay cool and comfortable in your home this summer!