HVAC is a common abbreviation that stands for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. An HVAC contractor specializes in maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC systems. Including furnaces, heat pumps, boilers and central air conditioners.
In addition, they inform consumers and help them in the decision making process concerning equipment. It is a big expense you don’t want to go through alone.It is vital that homeowners take some necessary steps when it comes to choosing an HVAC contractor.
- Request bids from several HVAC contractors. This will ensure you have been quoted a fair price.
- Have a good understanding of the HVAC market and equipment. You will want to purchase the appropriate equipment.
Reasons For a New HVAC System
There are many reasons for purchasing new heating & cooling equipment.
- Construction of a new home
- Current equipment is old or can no longer be fixed
- Upgrading current system to be more energy efficient
- Sale of home is contingent upon an upgraded system
The HVAC Process
For whatever reason you are in the market for a new HVAC system, the process can be intimidating. There are thousands of different models on the market with almost 100 different brands. That alone can be overwhelming. Not to mention the range of high energy efficiency to budget-friendly systems, as well as full-featured models. Making an informed decision concerning downflow, upflow and horizontal models without a contractor would require a lot of research.
More importantly, an HVAC system is a big-ticket item. You will most likely spend thousands of dollars to have it installed and running properly. Be smart and have a qualified HVAC professional on your team.
The Workings of the HVAC Market
Servicing, installing and upgrading a new HVAC system is not a DIY project. It requires the handling of high-voltage electricity, gas and plumbing lines. Further, it becomes much more complicated than other home improvement projects. Also, in some cases, you are working around combustible gases or refrigerants. To be safe, replacing or installing HVAC equipment requires a licensed fully qualified HVAC contractor. To be sure you are getting the best, follow this selection process:
- Search for and contact at least three HVAC Companies
- Set up an appointment for a free estimate. A thorough inspection should happen to get all the necessary information regarding your house and the system it will require. These details will give them an accurate load calculation. Further, this will allow them to determine the correct capacity needed to properly an efficiently heat and cool your home. Therefore installing the appropriate HVAC system.
- Get and look over each bid. Make sure all the charges are listed and broken down. Compare the prices of equipment and installation, and what is actually listed. A bid may be lower, but they may not have taken into consideration some important factors of the project that another company did. Be thorough and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
If a new HVAC system is on the horizon for you, look no further than One Stop Heating & Air. The customer service and accurately detailed bids will put you at ease. You can also count on great value and quality workmanship. One Stop Heating & Air will send a licensed, insured, and highly trained HVAC Contractor to your Salt Lake City home to take care of all your HVAC needs. We are the ultimate solution to keeping your home comfortable throughout all seasons. Call (801) 758-5810 today.